Apparently there's nothing astrology can't do.
Scorpio Pie (Oct. 23 - Nov. 21)
Dark Chocolate Cheese Cake with Morello Cherry Demi-Glaze
Scorpios are sensual, obsessive, mysterious and intense. Scorpion food choices have to live up to these qualities. Nothing would be better than Dark Chocolate Cheese Cake with Morello Cherry Demi-Glaze for their complete satisfaction. Morello cherries can be purchased, packed in syrup in glass jars, at specialty stores and usually at Trader Joes.
The recipe?Dark Chocolate Cheese Cake with Morello Cherry Demi-Glaze
Cheese Cake Crust
• 1/4 cup fine crumbs of graham crackers or chocolate wafer cookies
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
• 1 tablespoon water
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 2) In a medium mixing bowl, combine crumbs and 2 tablespoons sugar. Stir until combined.
3) Add the melted butter and water; mix until completely incorporated.
4) Spoon the crumb mixture into an 8-inch spring-form pan.
5) Using fingertips, press evenly onto the pan bottom and 1/2-inch up the sides.
6) Bake 12-15 minutes until the crust hardens slightly. Set aside to cool.
7) Reduce oven temperature to 300ºF. Place a 9-inch cake pan filled with water on the bottom oven rack. Cheese Cake Filling
• 8 ounces dark chocolate pieces
• 1 stick unsalted butter
• 1/4 cup brewed espresso or strong coffee
• 3/4 pound cream cheese, softened
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
1) In a heavy-bottomed pot, melt chocolate with coffee over low heat, stirring often, until chocolate is completely melted. Set aside.
2) In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
3) Add sugar and salt. Beat on medium speed 1 minute.
4) Scrape down the sides and add the eggs one at a time, beating on medium for 30 seconds and scraping down the sides of the bowl between each addition.
5) Add the vanilla. Add the melted chocolate mixture to the bowl, scrape down the sides once more and beat on medium speed 1 minute.
6) Pour the batter into the prepared crust.
7) Bake 60 to 65 minutes or until the internal temperature is 170ºF. Turn off the oven; let cake stand in oven for 20 minutes.
8) Remove from oven, cool 20 minutes on a wire rack.
• 1 pound Morello cherries, pitted
• 1 cup sugar
• 2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
• 1 teaspoon almond extract
1) In heavy saucepan, combine the cherries and sugar and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
2) Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the liquid is slightly reduced, approximately 20 minutes.
3) Add the cornstarch slurry and simmer until thickened and glossy, about 3 minutes.
4) Stir in the almond extract and remove from heat. Let cool.
Refrigerate overnight. Cut into 12 slices, topping each slice with 1 tablespoon cherry sauce just before serving.