TUSCAN TUNA SANDWICHES
From Cooking Light, May 2007.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fennel bulb
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (6-ounce) cans solid white tuna in water, drained
- 1 (4-ounce) jar chopped roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 8 (1-ounce) slices sourdough bread, toasted
Tuscan Tuna Sandwiches @ Group Recipes
- Combine chopped fennel, red onion, 1/4 cup basil, capers, lemon juice, olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, tuna, and bell peppers in a bowl, stirring well. Spoon 1/2 cup tuna mixture on each of 4 bread slices. Top each serving with 1 bread slice.
Return to recipe index
Return to Nikchick.com