WASABI SALMON BURGERS
From Cooking Light, March 2007.
- 1/2 cup soft tofu (about 4 ounces)
- 1 (7-ounce) can red sockeye salmon, drained, skin and bones discarded
- 1 (6-ounce) can skinless, boneless pink salmon in water, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 curly leaf lettuce leaves
- 4 hamburger buns with sesame seeds
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices sweet or red onion
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
Wasabi Salmon Burgers @ Group Recipes
- Place tofu on a plate covered in several layers of heavy-duty paper towels. Cover with additional paper towels and cover with another plate. Weigh down the plate with a can; let stand 5 minutes.
- Place tofu in a large bowl. Add salmon to bowl; mash with a fork to crumble. Add chives, mustard, wasabi paste, pepper and egg white; mix well. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Place panko in a shallow dish; dredge patties in panko.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Place 1 lettuce leaf on each of the bottom halves of buns; top each serving with 1 tomato slice, 1 patty, and 1 onion slice. Spread 2 tablespoons pesto over each serving; top with top halves of buns.
Return to recipe index
Return to Nikchick.com