ROASTED RED PEPPER SOUP WITH FETA
From the Seattle Post-Intelligencer.
- 2 (16-ounce) jars roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
Roasted Red Pepper Soup With Feta @ Group Recipes
- Place red peppers in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add mushrooms and cook until softened and until liquid is released, about 3 minutes. Stir in thyme, oregano, and bay leaves.
- Add red pepper puree and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, partially cover pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Add milk and simmer 1 minute to heat through.
- Remove from heat, remove bay leaves and stir in basil. Season to taste with sale and cayenne. Ladle soup into bowls and top with feta. Serve warm or chilled.
Return to recipe index
Return to Nikchick.com