LEMON ASPARAGUS RISOTTO
From Cooking Light, March 2002.
- 5 1/2 to 6 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth to make it fully vegetarian)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked Arborio rice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound asparagus, cut diagonally in 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
Lemon Asparagus Risotto @ Group Recipes
- Bring broth to a simmer in a large saucepan but don't let it boil. Reduce heat to low and keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the onion about 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add rice and lemon rind; cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in wine and cook until the liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly.
- Add 1/2 cup broth and stir constantly until the broth is absorbed; repeat this step six more times, 1/2 cup at a time. Stir in asparagus. Add 1/2 cup broth and stir constantly until the broth is absorbed; repeat until all broth has been added and absorbed. Remove from heat; stir in cheese and juice. Sprinkle with thyme.
Return to recipe index
Return to Nikchick.com